- China sends 100 peacekeepers to Sudan
- A group of 100 Chinese peacekeepers departed from Beijing Capital International Airport to Darfur, Sudan on Tuesday for a one-year peacekeeping mission.
- China sends new naval fleet for escort mission
- The 31st fleet from the Chinese People's Liberation Army Navy has left the port city of Zhanjiang in south China's Guangdong Province for the Gulf of Aden and waters off Somalia to escort civilian ships.
- Sino-American troops share disaster training
- The US-China Disaster Management Exchange drew to a close on Saturday in Nanjing, East China's Jiangsu province, after military delegations from both countries trained together in disaster relief work.
- China issues new counterterrorism guideline
- China's counter-terrorism-related ministries jointly issued a guideline on legal procedures and penalty standards for terrorist crimes, which experts predict will deter offenders.