- Myanmar fire rages across border to China
- A fire starting in Myanmar has spread across the border to China, raging through forests in two townships and into a protected nature reserve, local forest fire control authorities reported Sunday.
- Tradition lighting the way for Lantern Festival
- The 15th day of the first month on the Chinese lunar calendar, the day of the year's first full moon, has been celebrated as Lantern Festival in China for more than 2,000 years. Lantern Festival falls on Saturday.
- Magnitude 4.9 quake hits Yunnan
- A magnitude 4.9 earthquake hit Ludian County in southwest China's Yunnan Province at 7:11 p.m. Wednesday, according to the China Earthquake Networks Center.
- Chinese ships patrol Diaoyu Islands after U.S. defense vow
- Three Chinese coast guard vessels sailed around the Diaoyu Islands in the East China Sea on Monday, the country's maritime authorities have revealed, days after U.S. Defense Secretary James Mattis vowed to defend Tokyo's control of the islands.
- China to donate humanitarian aid to Syria worth 16 mln USD
- The Chinese Embassy and the Syrian Planning and International Cooperation Commission (ICC) signed two agreements on Sunday, under which China will provide two batches of humanitarian aid to the Syrian government worth 16 million U.S. dollars.