561.A Tomahawk flew into the sky, heading north towards Baghdad.
562.The first missile hit the communication building in the center
563.Pilots were in their cockpits, ready to be launched for action.
564.The first planes to go were the F-117A stealth bombers and
the electronic countermeasure aircraft.
565.The Air Force and Navy planes took off to neutralize the Iraqi
air defense system.
566. They were EF-111 Ravens, F-4G Wild Weasels, FA-6B Prowlers.
他们分别是EF-111"渡鸦" 飞机， F-4G"野鼬" 飞机和FA-6B"徘徊者飞机。
567.All the planes could jam the high-powered signal sent by radar.
568.The Iraqi radar couldn't find where the aircraft were flying.
569. A variety of other Allied fighters followed to give further
570. The last of planes were attackers carrying bombs and guided
571. The skies over Kuwait and Iraq were filled with many aircrafts
of different types.
572. The air bombardment was divided into strategic, operational
and tactical stages.
573. In the strategic stage, the emphasis was on the most dangerous
574. They struck hard at Iraqi command and control system, and
575. They knocked out as much as possible the Iraqi Air Force
and air defense weaponry.
576. The operational stage began when the dangerous targets had
577. The emphasis was to isolate the Iraqi troops in Kuwait and
578. That meant bombing bridges, roads and other lines of communication.
579. Without resupplies，the Iraqis wouldn't last long.
580. The tactical stage is the last stage of the bombardment.
581. Some aircraft continued to hit the previous targets.
582. Most would be supporting the ground attack and helping break
through the enemy line.
583. It was through 38 days of air bombardment.
584. The Allied Troops completely got the control of air.
585. The whole Iraqi ground installations were seriously damaged.
586. That opened the way for the Allied Troops to launch the ground
Words and Expressions单词和短语
tomahawk n. /5tCmEhC:k/ 战斧
Baghdad n. /7bAg5dAd/ 巴格达
cockpit n. /5kCkpIt/ （飞机的）驾驶舱
stealth n. /stelW/ 隐形
countermeasure n. 反措施，对抗手段
raven n. /5reIvEn/ 渡鸦
weasel n. /5wi:zEl/ 鼬
prowler n. /5praJlE/ 徘徊者
isolate vt. /5aIsEJleIt/ 使…孤立
previous a. /5pri:vjEs/ （时间、顺序）前的，先的