MANILA, Aug. 23 (Xinhua) -- An Army officer said on Tuesday that a search and rescue operation continues for a civilian helicopter that went missing in Quezon Province, south of Manila on Monday.
Lt. Col. Ramil Anoyo, commander of the Army's 48th Infantry Battalion, said the military has sent a Sokol helicopter to the crash site, but so far no wreckage of the four-seater chopper has been found. Also missing were the pilot and the co-pilot, he said.
Eric Apolonio, a spokesman for the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines, said the helicopter had been deployed to fetch some rescuers sent to a tunnel project that was flooded on Aug. 13.
According to reports, six workers died in the Aug. 13 flash flood that caused the dam to collapse, trapping seven workers. One of the workers was rescued.